Book Fair December 8-12 PKS Media Center
Join us for holiday shopping and lots of great books! Book week hours at PKS are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8-2:30pm, Wednesday 8-5pm, and Friday 8-11:30am. Visit the Book Fair Homepage: http://bookfairs.scholastic.com/homepage/plantationkeyschool for online shopping until December 8, 2014 Order online before Dec. 5 to guarantee your books will arrive at PKS before Winter Break. Volunteers needed. Contact Linda.Britton@keysschools.com.
PTA Fish Fry Friday, Dec. 12 at Lorelei 5:30-8:30pm
The annual PTA Fish Fry will be held, along with the K-2 Holiday Concert, on December 12 from 5:30-8:30 pm at the Lorelei. Tickets are $10 for adults & $8 children 10 & under. We NEED FISH & BAKED GOODS! Fish is needed by Dec. 10 and should be in a zip-lock bag labeled with the type of fish. Baked goods can be dropped off until 3pm on Dec. 13 at the PKS front office. Thanks for your help and see you there!
Islamorada Firefighters donate to PKS!
Islamorada firefighters held a boot drive to raise money for local schools. Pictured is PKS Dean Lara House happily receiving their generous donation.
PKS students & staff celebrate School Spirit Day Friday, Sept. 26!
The entire school (dressed in blue, yellow, and white) met on the field to pose for this photo taken by a Tim Matthews Tree Service bucket truck. Students also received 'Believe' eye blacks to represent our new disctrict 'I believe' behavior program. The PKS PTA is hosting a magic show by Michael Trixx and PKS PBS is providing lunch time popsicles for students showing school spirit. What an awesome day!
Marquee Message $10!
Wish a student 'Happy Birthday!', 'Congratulations!!', or a special accomplishment. Please pick up a message form at the Plantation Key front office or click here.
Fill out the form, pay $10, and your message will be displayed for 1 week.
PKS Dress Code
· Shorts and skirts no shorter than six inches from top of student’s knee.
· Mini-skirts, bathing suits, bare back, exposed underwear not acceptable.
· Tight pants (yoga-style) or tight skirts not appropriate for school.
· Sleeveless tops acceptable (three-finger width rule). No racer back tank tops or tube tops .
· Heels in excess of 3 inches, which pose a potential safety hazard, are not allowed.
· Sleeveless shirts and sleeveless tank tops are not acceptable unless worn with a sleeved shirt.
· Underwear may not be exposed and pants must be worn around the waist.
· Shirts must be long enough to cover the mid-section at all times.
· Pajamas and house slippers are not acceptable.
· Clothing items which are offensive, suggestive, or contain profanity are not appropriate.
· Hats/bandanas/headwear/sunglasses may not be worn in school buildings.
· Jeans with holes that over-expose are not appropriate.
If students are in violation of the dress code, they WILL BE ASKED TO CALL HOME for clothes. In addition, after the first week of school, students will receive a detention each time they are out of dress code. Repeat detentions can result in further disciplinary action.
Academic hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Early dropoff begins at 7:05. No cost.
After school care until 5:30. Contact front office for cost.